Hi I'm considering an IVA but want to learn more I

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1

Sam.hd

Post by Sam.hd » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:45 pm
Hi I'm considering an iva bit want to learn more I had a meeting with someone from somewhere and been looking online getting mixed reviews . My concern is I owe money on mums credit cards and just want to make sure I have the money left to keep paying them as well

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:47 am
Hi and welcome

You will not be allowed an amount to carryt on paying your mums credit card in an IVA, you will have to use any money that you can save from expenditure allowances and/or your overtime share

Speak to several experts/companies and be sure to understand the pros and cons of any solution

Regards
Andam Davies

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:03 am
Hi and welcome to the forum. I'm glad you found us and are wanting to know more before committing to an IVA.

As Andy suggests why not speak to several companies before making that final decision.

www.iva.com holds a list of companies and may help as a starting point. Any other questions do post again.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Sam.hd

Post by Sam.hd » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:26 pm
Thanks for your advice its much appreciated I'm looking at what I can do and make the best step forward for my family

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:52 pm
Hi Sam and welcome. Might I ask who you have spoken to already ?

As said above, it is wise to chat to a few companies to get a full picture and to see who you "gel" with --- you will be in a fairly financially intimate relationship for 5 or 6 years, so really need that element of trust.

As well as iva.com mentioned above have a wander around the forum and you will see who are well thought of and otherwise, but remember, one man's meat is another man's poison and you need to find what suits YOU.

Feel free to ask any questions on the forum, but we can only give general advice as your own particular circumstances will be paramount.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:17 pm
You could take another opinion but as Andy says you cannot treat one creditor better than another. This could go horribly wrong.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Sam.hd

Post by Sam.hd » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:45 pm
Ive spoken to someone from credit fix me . To be honest from what I've read on here I'm not sure that an iva is right so I'm looking at other options but thanks for all replies and I'm glad I didn't rush in.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:08 pm
Might I suggest you chat to another IP firm to discuss all options -- they shouldn't be steering you -- the path you take is your choice, but a choice better made with all the facts. And certainly not something to rush headlong into.

Michael above represents an excellent firm, as does Melanie Giles, who you will see is a regular poster.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:08 am
I have to say that for very exceptional reasons, that I have got IVAs accepted in the past where a family repayment has been prioritised within the income and expenditure, but only for very good reasons and with full transparency to the other creditors.

So I would never say never - and do explore all of the options before you decide on the right way forward.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”