Surely 17 months wait for Certificate is taking the biscuit somewhat ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Andrew.p

Post by Andrew.p » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:09 pm
Good afternoon,
I hope everyone is enjoying the warmer weather. Any way I will get to my point I promise.

In 2007 I entered into a IVA with debt free direct , after the full term and no missed payments I completed the 5year term in Nov 2012. At this point I was told that I would have to wait a number of months for a cert to award my completion (no issues or so I thought), apparently 17months on I will not receive my certificate until PPI claims have been completed even though there is no PPI to claim.

After a year or so I have now decided I would like to build my credit profile in order to gain a mortgage, all seemed to be going well with score steadily rising.

However I have now noticed on Equifax that Max recovery still hold my debt and dated it 2009 so it will not drop off my file until 2015.

Grrrrr !!! Can someone please tell me if this is legal or if I have a right to have this removed as it was part of the origional debt?

In addition the only answer I seem to get is no certificate, no change to file. sit back and wait.

Surely 17months is taking the biscuit somewhat!.

Help any advice is more than welcome

Andy

ginger323232

Post by ginger323232 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:19 pm
At the moment your IVA is still active - and will remain so until the certificate. You really need to wait until you have the certificate then you can ask for all your defaults to be dated to the beginning of your IVA.
I would contact DFD to ask when - if unhappy use their internal complaints procedure, then their governing body if still unhappy

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:24 pm
Hi and welcome - I'm with you too long to wait and totally unacceptable in my humble opinion. Often it's he who shouts loudest gets their certificate and if I were you I'd be screaming. How unfair that you can't move on from this even some 17/18 months after last payment.

Sincerely hoping you receive that all important piece of paper very soon.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

seagulls

Post by seagulls » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:50 pm
I totally agree with Lesley .17 months is far too long to wait ....I would start complaining now !
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”