I am coming to the end of my IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Sarah.13

Post by Sarah.13 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:03 pm
I am coming to the end of my IVA and have had no issues with the company or them with me. They have however asked for bank statements this time around, which I am not keen to supply.
I have been off work after major surgery since Aug 2013 and have relied on my partner helping me pay my bills along with receiving mortgage protection payments. The main reason I don't want to send bank statements is I don't want him dragged into this and any of his money looked into. Do I have to supply bank statements? It feels like such an invasion of privacy. I know I've entered a IVA with full knowledge but I'm really not comfortable with them seeing all my transaction history when in the most part it is irrelevant to them.
Last edited by Sarah.13 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:31 pm
Any assistance you received from your partner is of no concern to your IP but they may want to see how you survived. Explain where the money came from and that should be acceptable. It is not bonuses, overtime or similar.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Sarah.13

Post by Sarah.13 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:35 pm
Thank you for reply. It was bad enough that he was questioned about my IVA by his boss when he moved in with me as showed up due to nature of his work, I just didn't want him involved in my issues again.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:56 pm
That seems a bit harsh that his employer found out about it and then questioned him. He has nothing to do with it and can hardly be criticised for helping you!
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:50 am
Why do they want them? Ask the question, and if the explanation seems reasonable then I would provide them simply to escalate the conclusion.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”