letter - IVA checkline

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

martinw

Post by martinw » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:19 pm
'IVA checkline' (formprep limited) have just sent me a letter saying I could be debt free in 6 months (obviously don't know my IVA is finished!)

Looks like they are trying to sell bankruptcy/DRO, but are also targeting property owners(not sure if either is a good idea if your a property owner)

I dare say they got my address from the insolvency register

I have seen threads about them from about 3-4 years ago but thought I'd bring them up again

Martin

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:56 pm
They prey on those of us on the Insolvency register and to me a very good reason why it should only be available on a need to know basis not a public document.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

martinw

Post by martinw » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:54 pm
I would question why a regulated firm like this would be allowed to market to those on the insolvency register. I can't see them giving me better advice than my IP but I can see them causing problems for others by destroying an IVA

Martin

edit: by destroying I mean damaging all the goodwill between debtor and IP and creditors. I think we all remember the nerves about will it be accepted etc, if you break it will they let you have another go ? far from guaranteed i'd reckon
Last edited by martinw on Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:20 pm
I think they always rely on people not reading into these things properly.

Shocking but it'll happen over and over again. Ambulance chasers like these gave us a lot of paper to start fires with when we were in our IVA.
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:46 am
I would love to know if this firm are properly licenced for carrying out their services. Does the letter contain any information about who they are regulated by, and what permissions they hold?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”