Capquest Debt Recovery

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1

nomoredosh

Post by nomoredosh » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:21 am
Hello to everyone on here. Haven't posted for years but read the forum regularly to see how people are getting on. Our IVA started in July 2011 and we completed it with a full and final in 2011. Coming up to the six year point so have started to look at mine and hubby's credit reports to check the defaults have been listed with the correct date.

Yesterday when looking at my husbands credit file we noticed that a company called Capquest have listed 2 accounts with 2 different amounts with defaults dated from 2011. We called them up and they have stated 2 different ref numbers and say they are for debts from Abbey and Santander. Now the one form Abbey I can totally understand as that was for an overdraft and was included in our IVA. Never had an account with Santander! In fact Abbey turned into Santander well after our IVA was approved. Anyway after not really getting any where with Capquest I dug all our paper work out from the chairmans report to our completion certificate and even found the letter from Abbey stating that they were aware of our IVA and would be detailing with our IP from now on.

This spurred me on to speak with Freeman Jones who dealt with my IVA and they are now going to take over from me trying to sort this out. They are going to go to Capquest and ask for original account numbers as I think it is the same debt but sold twice to them even though the amounts are not the same! Also interestingly this was a joint debt and nothing is registered on my credit file.

Anyway I suppose the moral to this story is to keep all your paperwork safe as even after you think you are finished something may raise it's ugly head and you feel plunged back into a battle that you thought was over. Hopefully Freeman Jones will be calling me back today with an update on what Capquest think they are playing at.

Personally I think it would be a lot more helpful if they used original reference numbers when these debts are sold on and I certainly think that I should have been informed who these people are.

Wishing you all a successful conclusion to all your debt problems. Haven't seen Kallis on here for a long time but she was a tower of strength for me when I was rambling on.

nomoredosh

Post by nomoredosh » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:23 am
Sorry just re read our Iva started in 2008!

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:27 am
Welcome back!

Good to see that FJ are still prepared to assist you with this so long after your IVA had concluded. That is a very good service indeed.

I think that we all wish that Kallis was back posting on the forum, and I am unsure why this is not possible. I will make sure that she is aware of your good wishes and recollections of her support.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

nomoredosh

Post by nomoredosh » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:37 am
Thanks Mel. I have to say Freeman Jones didn't seem at all phased by trying to help me but I must admit they were always on the ball with me. They are even going to email our completion certificate to them to speed things up. I presume they have access to a different department at Capquest than we do so I am hoping it gets sorted quickly.

stirling

Post by stirling » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:41 am
If you would be so good as to pass on my good wishes as well it would be appreciated.
She,as well as yourself(Melanie),were both towers of strength when I set out on my IVA journey.

nomoredosh

Post by nomoredosh » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:50 am
Second that one Stirling. I still look all the time at this forum and still gain knowledge even though I haven't needed to post. Life for us since the IVA financially has never been better. We are in the best place with our finances in our whole 20 year marriage. The Iva totally re-educated me. I get very twitchy if our current account goes below a certain level and love the fact that we are in a position to over pay our mortgage every month. I was even lucky enough in the last 18 months to buy the company I worked for which Lloyds Bank helped me out with even though the IVA was still on my file. Sometimes you need people to believe in you and I have to say Lloyds did with me.

ClareSilver

Post by ClareSilver » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:33 pm
Did you have any debts with GE Capital (store cards etc), Santander took a lot of these accounts over many moons ago - it could be one of these.

nomoredosh

Post by nomoredosh » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:52 pm
Yes we did have a debenhams card that was GE money but the 2 debts that Capquset are talking about are over £2000 and the one for GE Capiatla was for under £300. Funnily this isn't showing on the credit report!

nomoredosh

Post by nomoredosh » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:55 pm
Well hats off to Freeman Jones. They have spoken with Capquest on my behalf and this debt was the Abbey one but registered twice!!! They have sent our completion certificate off to them and they will now update all 3 credit references with the correct dates and remove what should not be there at all.

Just goes to show that it is best to check everything with the agencies before your 6 years is up and keep all documentation just in case you need it!

Hope everyone's IVA's are successful and as pain free as possible x
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”