Can't Take Anymore

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

frost

Post by frost » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:19 pm
Hi
I apologize in advance but I am so upset. I really need to know who the regulating body is for DFD. I thought when we signed all the papers for the proposal and modifications etc that was it and in 5 or 6 years we would be clear but apparently the IVA company have the right to amend the proposal at their will and don't require our agreement. we just have to go with it or fail the IVA. I am too ill now to continue with their new proposal (which is subject to change anytime they see fit) and will be unable to carry out what they are saying we have to do due to my health. we have done everything we have been asked, paid on time, paid overtime in on time and bonuses and all PPI that they have been able to claim. We have kept them informed all the time of pay increases and increased our monthly payment when told to do so. I have to have 5 prescriptions a month to just try keep going now and also need glasses but I have been told we are only allowed to claim for £15 prescriptions and no glasses as stated in the original expenditure. There is too much to put it all on here so I won't continue.
I would welcome any help in the direction of who to complain to and hopefully resolve the issues we have. All I want to do is pay as much as possible to our creditors to pay them back but I can't risk my future after the IVA finishes.

Leese

Post by Leese » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:14 am
Hi, to help with prescriptions you can get a prepayment certificate. It costs £10.40 a month for 12 month certificate and will cover all prescriptions. http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/1127.aspx

Grayson.sc

Post by Grayson.sc » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:34 am
Hi. I agree with Lees. A pre payment card can save you a fortune if you have loads of prescription. Just two items a month and it's cheaper to have the card. Good luck with everything. Hopefully you will get some more advice on here soon:-)

frost

Post by frost » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:47 am
Thanks for the info on the prescriptions, I will look into it.

martinw

Post by martinw » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:33 pm
For glasses if you signup to certain healthcare cashback suppliers, you can join claim for your glasses and cancel. Think I paid about £35 over 2 months for mine and got over a £100 for optician and dentists

Obviously you can't do this too often! I cancelled as I realised I was better off saving ecah month for such bills

Martin

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:40 pm
If there is a problem with your disposable income, frost, that is meaning that you cannot afford essential, personal healthcare - then you must take this up with your IP to negotiate a reduction in payments. No IVA should be so penal as to not allow you access to medication and optical requirements.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”