DFD say I have to find a job or IVA will be extended but I cannot find work.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Anne.66

Post by Anne.66 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:31 am
Im currently in an IVA with my partner. I lost my job just before we applied for the IVA and under the terms of the IVA I was to "seek full time employment". We have never missed a payment and the IVA has been running just over two years now, but I cannot find work! I currently don't receive any benefits or Job seekers Allowance I'm currently on antidepressants as this is getting me down and DFD have told me I have to find a job or our IVA may be extended, could someone please help or advise please.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:33 am
I think they may be on thin ice extending the IVA due to you not getting employment, if the condition is that "you seek employment" and you are complying with that they cannot change the goalposts.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Judith Anderton

Post by Judith Anderton » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:31 am
Hi Anne.66
Please drop me an email (address is in my profile), with your contact details and I will get in touch to discuss your this further.
Look forward to speaking to you soon.
Regards,
Judith
Debt Free Direct
Forum Customer Support

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:24 pm
Exactly where do they get the authority from to state that your IVA has to be extended? Is this provided for within your IVA proposal?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”