Am I in breach of IVA due to credit card, not transactorial except for payments to clear ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Carol.ln

Post by Carol.ln » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:12 am
I am 48 months into an IVA, on every financial review I have declared a payment to a credit card which has not been transactional for the duration of the IVA (except for payments to clear it), and is clearly shown on all bank statements.

I have now been issued with a 'notice of breach' for obtaining credit...the card was taken out 6 months before the IVA.

My IVA provider has also been taking a higher sum from my bank than on my agreement, surely this is a breach on their side?

My question is, am I in breach as the credit was not taken out during the IVA and I have declared it and shown evidence on every financial review requested.

Nutkins

Post by Nutkins » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:15 am
I would definitely obtain all statements from the credit card and send them to the company to prove it has not been used! Is there a reason it was not included in your IVA?

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:07 am
It is only a breach to obtain credit without consent and if you have used the card and repaid it in full each month I see little problem. You need to speak to the IP and let them know that this was agreed at the start and ask them to remove the notice of breach.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:00 am
Hi
Technically this debt should be included in the IVA, how much is left to pay on it ?

Regards
Andam Davies

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:49 am
You are allowed to take credit of up to £500 without seeking permission, so if the card balance is quite low then you may not be in breach at all - but is there any reason why this debt was not included into the IVA. Was there a balance on the card when the IVA was entered into?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”