Texts from creditors!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Bex12

Post by Bex12 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:06 pm
Hello my creditors meeting is on 25th April I have now defaulted on one month with all my creditors so now I am getting the letters phone calls an text messages do I have to tell them I am currently going for an IVA as I am just ignoring the calls etc as I answered one from Barclays and he was rude so I've been ignoring all calls now will that go against me at the creditors meeting should I be answering my phone etc?? Thanks in advance x

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:17 pm
Hi Bex. What you do about these calls will have no effect on the creditors meeting and the creditors will not even be aware. These calls are made by call centres who often sub contract to several creditor firms.

Barclays often come over as the worse, but some have had no problems with them. They didn't call me at all.

When I got the calls I answered them, some I played cat and mouse with ... allowing them to go right through their scripted blarney and agreeing with everything, until they come to the "Can you make a payment now?" bit -- then I simply said "No, I am going into an IVA, speak to my IP". Some of them didn't even know what an IVA was !

If I wasn't that bored I just cut them off right at the start and told them I was entering an IVA. One even wished me luck!

Don't get into discussions with them -- some will tell you that the moon is made of green cheese in order to get a payment ( they get commission).

Others of us have disconnected the landline and told friends and relatives to use the mobile if they need to chat.

In many cases, if you do speak to them they will put a hold on further calls (which of course they won't do if you don't answer them).

If they are rude hang up :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

martinw

Post by martinw » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:23 pm
I found that telling them your going for an IVA and giving your IPs details often got contact blocked for 30 days or so, and if it takes longer they have it on record and will often put another block on.

I always made a point of interrupting their script, as sooner they no they're gettin nothing hat call the better IMvvvvvHO

After you've told each creditor once a call blocking app is helpfull. Barclays were my biggest creditor and very easy to deal with

Martin
Last edited by martinw on Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bex12

Post by Bex12 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:56 pm
Thanks for your advice guys don't know what I would do without this fab forum [:)]
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”