Not sure how we stand while waiting for completion certificate.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

bluelagoon

Post by bluelagoon » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:06 am
Hi, looking some advice if anyone can help??
We agreed and paid full and final in feb 2014, we are still awaiting completion cert. If either of us were to move jobs with higher salary prior to receiving cert do we have to pay more money even though we paid the amount agreed for f&f? Just not sure how we stand, would it be best to wait until we have the completion cert? Thanks for any advice!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:33 am
Hi. Generally, after a F&F has been accepted, changes to wages, overtime and bonus payments are no longer of interest to the IP.

However, in many cases ( but not all) they will still want windfalls ( lottery wins, insurance payouts, inheritances and the like) to be paid in. Nearly all will still be looking at PPI to be paid in.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

bluelagoon

Post by bluelagoon » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:24 am
Hi Foggy! Thanks for your reply!
That's what I thought but just wasn't sure with completion certs seemingly taking so long if extra income was treated the same as windfall/PPI clause.
Maybe we can start to move forward and get our life back, a change of job with a little extra income 'just for us' would definately be the next best thing to winning the lotto right now!!
Just can't wait to get that certificate in my hand!
Thanks again Foggy!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”