GT say that issuing my completion certificate was an admin error.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

wendydib

Post by wendydib » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:32 pm
Good afternoon.
I have received my completion certificate from GT dated 28th March, however the £6,000 PPI refund from Lloys TSB doesnt show.
The PPI money was awarded in Spetember of last year, claimed for by myself and declared to GT.
On receiving my cert on Sat 12th April, I also received another letter from EIC (the claims compant GT use) stating they have successfully claimed by Lloyds TSB PPI money and please can I forward the cheque to GT.

I have spoken to GT this afternoon and they have advised me that indeed the EIC letter was sent in error and my completion cert is an 'admin' error as they can now see the £6,000 has been received since my cert was issued.
It just all seems ratehr strange. I have been calling none stop since Sept to ensure they received the cheque from Lloyds. They have tried to say that the cheque took 6 months to reach its intended department due to crossed wires their end?
Surley, a company as large as GT shouldnt be making such significant admin errors?
£6,000 is a lot of money to lose???

Anyones thoughts would be appricated as no seeking legal advise.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:42 pm
It is possible that the funds can be distributed to your creditors even though the IVA has completed. The PPI is normally an asset of the IVA anyway so I am sure GT can sort this out.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:40 pm
This seems to be a case of one side not linking in with the other. Find out whether there are other claims still to be processed, and if not then your case ought to be closed very soon.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”