Hello. We have finished paying for our IVA October 2012. No completion cert. is this normal?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Caza.gr

Post by Caza.gr » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:13 pm
Hello. We have finished paying for our IVA October 2012, and are still waiting for our completion certificate 18months on. Initially we were told they were still awaiting monies from PPI claims, but they have now had the final meeting of creditors to agree that our IVA can be closed but they will still try to get any outstanding money. We are fine with this, but this morning we have been told we may still have to wait a couple of months to actually receive the completion certificate. We are so frustrated as we are trying together our lives back on track and re-mortgage, having complied fully for 7 long years! Please can anyone advise us if this is 'normal' and also what we can do to hurry this up? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:38 pm
Hi and welcome to the forum. We read of this on the forum fairly frequently with some companies, whereas others can close and issue certificates much sooner. Often and I know it isn't right it's he who shouts loudest so I would definitely complain and keep reminding them, no guarantee it will work but worth a go.

I agree it's not right 100% as we do need to move on after fulfilling our obligations of the IVA.

Hoping it's received very soon.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:51 pm
Unfortunately it does vary in timescales as Lesley explains ... It is frustrating and if it were me I would be chasing for updates every week....keep the pressure going !
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”