Are we allowed a face to face meeting

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

frost

Post by frost » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:24 am
Hi all
As some will know we are having problems with our IVA company (previous post - Can't take any more). Read other posts I just wondered if we could request a meeting with our IP to iron out all the problems that are happening. We seem to take one step forward and 3 steps back. So many mistakes have been made by our company I just think a meeting would sort things out better then emails and phone calls.

We still believe the IVA is the best route for us and it is not in ours or the IVA companies interest for it to fail but we do feel all these mistakes will have the wrong effect on our IVA.

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:32 am
hi, I would certainly ask for one if you feel it would be for the benefit of the IVA. Not sure how s/he can refuse if there are problems as at least then it will iron things out once and for all.

Why not ask the worst they can do is say no but hopefully they won't but it may involve you travelling if you have to go to them.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:38 am
Personally, I believe that you should have reasonable access to your IP throughout the term. However, some IP's have a distinct and totally unfounded "God Complex" !

Funnily enough, it is those who believe that they are "too important to deal with mere clients" that seem to have the most problems in the running of the arrangements they are obliged to supervise.

If ever I were to be in the position of entering another IVA one of my first criteria would be whether I can contact the IP directly.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:26 am
You are entitled to meet with your IP or a senior member of staff. Even though our head office is in N Ireland we still meet clients if they request it as it is often the only way to resolve serious issues. I myself have flown to England on a number of occasions as it is the client's right to demand a face to face.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:05 pm
I'm sure that will be reassuring to the poster Michael thank you.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:58 pm
I would certainly request this and hopefully you will then be able to overcome the issues and be able to go forwards with things. Let us know how you get on.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:57 pm
I am the owner of my company, and am of course one of the Insolvency Practitioners who takes appointments within the company. Any of my clients are free to come and meet with me at any of our regional offices should they wish - and they regularly do. I have met three of my existing clients this week at our offices in Belfast, who had requested meetings with regard to ongoing IVAs.

Any IP who refuses to allow such a meeting, is treading on very thin ice, and I would think it highly unlikely that you would be refused. The IPs regulators would take a very dim view of that sort of behaviour.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

frost

Post by frost » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:14 pm
Thank you all for you help. I will let you all know. x
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”