Notice Of Correction On my Credit report

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:26 pm
Just obtained my statutory credit report with equifax.

My IVA was actually approved 10/08/2010 and so is obviously still active as I`m only at month 46.

This shows on `court information` on my credit report.

Rather concerned as under `notice of correction` section it says:

IVA dated 10/08/2010 was removed from insolvency service records on 3/10/2011. Added by IVABKYLD on 3/3/2011.

Anyone know what this means and who actually did/authorised this???
Last edited by Goosed on Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".

Eric Cantona

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:33 pm
This is a misguided attempt to help you by telling anyone who does a search on you, who will still see your IVA until August 2016, that it has been successfully completed.

Equifax do this as a matter of course. The only issue is that it doesn't, unlike the court information, drop off at the 6 year mark and you will have to ask them to remove it. They might even remove it now -- always worth an ask.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:35 pm
Thanks Foggy,

Do any of the other credit ref agencies do the same?
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".

Eric Cantona

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:38 pm
No worries :-) As far as I know it's just Equifax.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:50 pm
Something else that`s on my report is a current account I had with Halifax which was included in the IVA because of the overdraft.

That states `not updated` every month since early 2011 but doesn`t say settled or show any default date,

Also states `no payment this month` in the account info when clicked on.

Would this be classed as adverse or just show as a closed account?

Eric Cantona

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:40 pm
It would be regarded as a closed or dormant account. I don't think it would be looked on adversely. Hopefully one of the experts with more CRA search experience will comment.

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:47 pm
Just wondered if anybody could help regarding the information on my credit file from the above mentioned Halifax bank account.

As mentioned this account had an overdraft that was included in my IVA,

The info on my file for this account says:

terms 0 @ £0 per month, current balance £****, credit limit £0, status - transaction not received this month, Default/Delinquent balance £****, date updated 16/1/2011. The account hasn`t actually got DEFAULT against it, just not updated.

All other creditor info on my file shows default and the original default dates and decreasing balances for the appropriate accounts.

It seems to me that Halifax are just leaving the account as delinquent with the amount unpaid, it looks as if it isn`t actually part of the IVA on my credit file.

Will I need to contact Halifax about this as I imagine come August 2016 when my file starts to clear, this Halifax account will just show as a delinquent account with me owing them the overdraft amount that was included in my IVA ?
Last edited by Goosed on Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eric Cantona

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:37 pm
Just a heads up to anyone who has this `notice of correction` issue with Equifax,

I purchased an up to date standard £2 credit report yesterday, I then phoned Equifax customer care yesterday afternoon and asked them to remove the notice of correction.

I got an email from them today, they have removed the notice of correction and they even generated a new credit report for me free of charge so I could check it and see.

So, anyone else with this issue - they will sort it BEFORE your IVA completes and immediately too.

With regards to the Halifax `delinquent account` entry on my credit report,

After a little research it looks like this may be a bit more tricky to sort out, but I`m going to initiate contact with Halifax next week.

Eric Cantona
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”