10 months from completing IVA, NRAM moving mortgage from IO to repayment.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1

Stephanie.g

Post by Stephanie.g » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:56 am
Hi, I am 10 months away from completing my IVA and NRAM have now decided to move my mortgage from IO to repayment. I was thinking of taking it to the financial ombudsman as NRAM have made their final decision and was wondering if anyone has had success with this??

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:00 pm
Hi and welcome to the forum. NO experience of this personally but will keep it bumped up for another who may have.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:20 pm
Hi

Will it wipe out your disposable income ? are NRAM an unsecured creditor in your IVA ?

You could ask your IP to put forward a variation asking for creditors to accept your payments to date as full and final payment and conclude your IVA

Regards
Andam Davies

Stephanie.g

Post by Stephanie.g » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:25 pm
Many thanks for the responses. NRAM are one of our creditors and no we would still have £300 disposable income. I haven't asked our IP if we can reduce our payment yet, I guess I am so paranoid that something is going to go wrong so close to the end of the IVA #128542;

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:28 pm
If you can finish your iva without amending your payment great but don't leave yourself short x
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:41 am
NRAM may well be a large creditor within your IVA if you had a 'Together' mortgage. Therefore they would have a large vote in any variation to reduce payments which they would have to support. Speak to your IP as NRAM cannot have the IVA and a switch to repayment.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Stephanie.g

Post by Stephanie.g » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:06 pm
Many thanks for the advice, credit fix and going to call a creditors meeting, so fingers crossed x

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:34 am
I am sure that given that you are in the final year of the IVA, that creditors will support an early closure of the case due to the reduction in your disposable income as a result of the change in mortgage payments. Good luck and do let us know how you get on.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Stephanie.g

Post by Stephanie.g » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:33 pm
Still no further forward with this, sent all the paper work to credit fix 2 months ago and they have told me today it could take another 4 weeks to get an answer from the creditors when my mortgage is due next week !! Plus they have just dropped the possibity of a 7th year when no-one has ever mentioned this before, so frustrated I could cry!!!

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:30 pm
Seven years would be really harsh especially if NRAM demanded the interest only switch in the first place. Hopefully your IP will fight your corner and make sure this does not happen.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”