PJG Recovery

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

Neil_

Post by Neil_ » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:04 pm
Just had THE call to say my IVA has been approved!
It was a little bit tight in the end due to Hitachi Capital voting no and MBNA not voting but got there with just over 77%!

I am so relieved but also a little bit numb with shock I think, on one hand I'm happy I'll be debt free in 5 years (first time since I was 20 and I'm now 40) but also can't help reflecting back over the stupid mistakes I have made with money over the years. It's all a learning curve though and the things I used to think made me happy no longer have any hold over me so I'm just looking forward to a happier life without the feeling of impending doom hanging over me. No more sleepless nights spent worrying!

The main point of the post was to thank everyone who has helped me at PJG Recovery. Amie John and Mel have both been immense. Struggle to find any superlatives that don't apply to these ladies, customer service is second to none they make you feel at ease straight away, I can only describe it as an overwhelming feeling that you are in safe hands. The forum is a great place and I'll be sticking around over the next 5-6 years for sure.

Anyone who reads this post who is unsure of what to do next regarding their debts please give Mel a call you will not regret it and do it sooner rather than later.

Thanks Mel and thanks Amie.

XX

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:08 pm
Great news and you are with a great team. Hopefully the time will fly by.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:11 pm
Well done, Neil. You will go through the whole range of emotions over the next couple of weeks.

Once things settle and you get into the "IVA life" things will improve yet again. I found an IVA to be a rehabilitating experience ... there is a world of difference between what you want to buy and what you need to buy ... which modern living has insulated us from.

You will also find dealing in cash (easier to keep track of in the early days and months) liberating, and gets you back in touch with "real money" as opposed to "magic plastic".

Out the other side life is so much simpler with absolutely no money worries --- OK we are not rich by any means, but all the essentials are paid for and anything left is mine :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:26 am
Bless you for such a thoughtful post and the compliments you have written about myself and my team. We have been delighted to act for you, and I don't think I can remember a case where a client literally had all of their financial information to hand so quickly to enable us to swiftly prepare the IVA proposals and get the meeting of creditors called.

I know how important this was to you, and I am glad that in some small way we may have changed your life for the better in just a couple of short weeks. We very much look forward to assisting you over the next few years.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:29 am
Great news ...well done Mel and team
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

wiggle1

Post by wiggle1 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:55 pm
Good news, Neil and good luck on your journey.
Life after IVA is wonderful.

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:20 pm
Well done - now the sleepless nights will stop!
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

Bob and Gill

Post by Bob and Gill » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:41 pm
Great news for you. I'm nearly at the 5 year mark and am with PJG, it's been a long hard journey and like you I have reflected often about the stupid mistakes I made and the money I wasted in the past.

Onwards an upwards, no point dwelling on it, just learn, move on and one day put it all behind you.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”