Can a very good credit rating ever be achieved again ? Can IVA show up in a hidden record ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Charles.ab

Post by Charles.ab » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:52 am
I understand that an IVA is cleared from the credit file 6 years after it started. Does this mean there is no record at all as some credit files go back 5 years. Will this mean They won't show a year of non payments and 4 years of payments within an IVA? Or as i wont have nay other credit agreements in that time that are late there will it show blank late payments and blank payments agreements. Does the IVA show up in a hidden record. For instance if i want to get a morygage in the future, will it show up on a search. I know i might be asked the question when filling in the form, but just wondered whethe rit was hidden in the background somewhere. Also can a very good credit rating ever be achieved again?

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:07 am
Payments to an iva wont show up on a credit file. The iva itself will show up in the public information section for 6 years from when it started.

After that its a case of building up a picture of good repayments slowly as if the iva had never existed.

paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:14 am
Hi Charles. There is a useful guide here:

http://pjgrecovery.com/clean-up-credit-rating.asp

The IVA and associated defaults ( if dated correctly) will disappear completely from the CRA files. Check for any Notice of Correction and ask for that to be removed too, as this has to be done manually.

Some lenders do, it seems, keep historic archives, especially those in the same group of companies of any of your old creditors, so an IVA could come to light. However, if you have responded honestly to any relevant questions, this should pose no problem.

Yes, an excellent credit rating is achievable, given time and good entries from well run accounts ( mobile phone, credit card, bank account etc).
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”