What would be a realistic sum to end our IVAs ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

gill123

Post by gill123 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:56 pm
hi you have recently replied to my partners question about offering up to £18,000 a friend is willing to pay as a full and final to end our ivas as we have got one each for the joint loan and you have asked about assets we have got,we have total debts of £24,368,we have paid a total of £2000 so far since october 2013 and our monthly payments are £100.66 they have got us down if we could remortgage, asset realisations of £11,376.95 each and voluntary contributions at £3000 for me and £3,039.60 for my partner, they have said that the creditors could expect .95p in the pound over the two arrangements if we can remortgage, as we are on iva's and now got bad credit the possabillity of getting a remortgage is very slim,so what would be the realistic lump sum would the creditors be willing to accept to end the iva's i would be grateful for your answers thankyou ,

gill

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:40 am
I would think £5-6k would be enough because that is all you have left to pay unless mortgage conditions change drastically. At least if this is turned down you can increase a little to get it through.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:38 pm
What do the asset realisations relate to in your case gill? Is this a future release of equity from your property?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

gill123

Post by gill123 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:24 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by MelanieGiles

What do the asset realisations relate to in your case gill? Is this a future release of equity from your property?
yes it is but what chances are there of remortgage really slim
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”