Need a little help!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

ringlet345

Post by ringlet345 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:00 am

Hi im a newbie to the forum and was looking a little advice.

My husband and myself were with a debt management plan from 2012-Jun 2013...we were then approached by the Debt Support Centre about an IVA. We decided to go ahead with it. Anyway around February time we were told that we had to send in 6 months worth of payslips, which we did. Then in JUne we were asked to send more payslips and other documents for our yearly review, the outcome of which was there was to be no change to our payments.
However, 2+ weeks ago we were then contacted by them asking for payslips from March - June. We did that.I also included a letter to show that we were no longer getting the same income as we were. On Friday they contacted my husband while he was at work and was unfortunately unable to take the call. We have to call them back.
Does anyone have any idea as to why they would be contacting us again? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

P.S We still have not received our payslips back yet from them either.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:13 am
Welcome to the forum .....Some companies like to see payslips every quarter whilst others annually or not at all. I personally would be sending copies of payslips to them and retaining the originals ... Hopefully they want to speak to you re the drop in salary ..it maybe they will suggest a slight reduction in payment ..i believe they have 15% discretion without going to creditors for approval. Let us know what it is they wanted.
Last edited by luluj on Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

ringlet345

Post by ringlet345 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:21 am
My husband rang them this morning. Apparently they are trying to say we owe them a whole months payment. We have made every payment on time and by Direct Debit on the same day of every month. We are waiting for a call back with an explanation as to how we owe them money!

ringlet345

Post by ringlet345 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:03 pm
5 hours later and still waiting for a call back. Surely if we owed them money they would of called us back straight away with a reason. Really dont know what to do!

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:12 pm
Do let us know the outcome of this, ringlet345. Hopefully it is just an administrative error on the part of your IP, but good to know in any case.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

ringlet345

Post by ringlet345 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:31 am
Hi Melanie. It turns out we owed them £253. We queried it and it was due to my husbands income for the year. Its all sorted now, and all documents have been received back from them too :)

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:20 am
Great you have received clarification and it is resolved.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:18 am
I assume that this payment relates to additional earnings has received, from overtime, bonus or commission?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”