Will IVA started 8 years ago, now finished, prevent us being a guarantor for her flat ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Sophie.38

Post by Sophie.38 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:13 am
We put ourselves into a voluntary IVA just over 8 years ago. We are all clear of anything now and as far as we have been told it shouldn't be on our records. My question is our daughter is wanting us to be a guarantor for a flat she is wanting. Will be be declined to do this?

UpToMyNeckInIt

Post by UpToMyNeckInIt » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:45 am
Assuming you have checked your credit reports with the 3 main agencies, and the iva is not showing, then you should be OK.

Just check the loan paperwork. Some companies may enquire specifically about previous bankruptcy, in which case you need not mention your iva. Others however may ask about any form of insolvency, in which case you should declare your previous iva, but if it no longer appears on your files, it is up to you if you choose to 'forget' that you had one.
My opinions are just that: Based on my experience and being a self-employed IVA customer.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:16 am
Hi

You should be fine as there should be no record of your IVA any more

Good luck

Regards
Andam Davies

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:10 pm
I also cannot see this being a problem for you Sophie - but do let us know how you get on, as it is always useful to know how these things can affect people directly once an IVA has been successfully concluded.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”