Cleardebt Completion Certificate

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Mrse2010

Post by Mrse2010 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:31 pm
Hi everyone

I am starting to get concerned as to the completion of my IVA. I have had nothing but problems with cleardebt mainly lack of communication which long story short resulted in arrears on my account. I have paid all arrears and made my last payment at the end of June. Since then I have yet again heard nothing my emails are going unanswered and I am just worried that the next problem is going to come crawling out of the woodwork. I have co-operated fully with all the PPI requirements and sent all the paperwork needed for my final review. Anyone know how long I can expect to wait?

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:05 pm
Hi Mrse2010 and welcome to the forum

I think that this is a question that you will need to ask directly of your IP firm - as they are the only ones with detailed knowledge of your case to be able to assist.

I suspect that ongoing PPI issues are probably going to hold up your closure, and if your last payment was only made at the end of June then it is still a little early to expect the completion statement, but they will need to report to creditors within 2 months of the anniversary date - so hopefully you will have some news soon.

No harm in giving them a ring to see how things stand now, however.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:27 pm
I am with cleardebt too and have found them excellent throughout. Made my last payment at the start of the month. Hubby has partial payment to make for arrears next month. Reading posts on here prompted me to call DRSP and I can honestly say the gentleman I spoke to was extremely helpful and advised we had no ppi due, which we knew all along. He knew our caseworker was Bernadette ( amazing) and said all relevent documents had been passed on. I am very hopeful for a speedy conclusion and will keep you posted!

Give DRSP a call as then you will have an idea of whether you are waiting for ppi.

I'm very interested to see how you go on!

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:36 pm
I think that both firms work very closely together, which is always an advantage when dealing with PPI claims post-IVA.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”