3 months in

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Rickne

Post by Rickne » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:44 pm
So I've made 4 payments so far with a regular random payment for going over my set rate each month , yet...is it ment to be this easy? Is something wrong if life has greatly improved? I know this is only temporary as I will be moving in with my partner next year but this year while im still living at home , my money is lasting the month. It hasn't done that in years. The thing with my IVA is my basic debt is pretty much going to be paid back in full over 5 years. Maybe a tad just under and i am literally only saving on the interest going this route. But ya know , I can't help feeling like something has gone wrong if i am cruising through it thus far.

Regards.
Last edited by Rickne on Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Completed via Early exit loan on year 4

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:38 am
Good to see that you are finding the payments affordable, and that the IVA has brought you that much needed peace of mind. This is exactly what it is supposed to say on the tin!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:57 am
It's all relative, Rickne. Many of us were struggling so much pre-IVA that the lifting of the burden, so to speak, was a relief and, although money was tight, it did, as you say, start to last the month.

There will be times when the car gives out or the boiler blows up, which will test you. But, with the help of your team, you will get through those blips.

Great to hear that you are settling in well to the new IVA way.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:01 am
Ride the highs of the iva rollercoaster and enjoy as there as nearly always lows to work through.

paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

wiggle1

Post by wiggle1 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:35 pm
I'm glad it's going well so far but remember that when the lows hit (and they will) use the forum as there are great people on here with loads of good advice. Good luck on your journey.
Life after IVA is wonderful.

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:51 am
Fantastic post and long may it continue for you.
Steven & Debbie
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”