I have been trying to arrange an IVA with Creditfix since January without success.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Louiseds77

Post by Louiseds77 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:35 pm
I have been going through the process of trying to arrange an iva with a company called Credit Fix since January, they spent alot of time going through everything and seemed to thing I had a good chance.
A couple of months ago after the court hearing they said because two of the 4 of my creditors were now owned by the same company, they were 50% shareholders and can call the shots. They refused the proposal.
Since then Credit Fix have started being evasive and have stopped returning my calls. When I chase them they say they are still trying and have asked me to up my offer which is getting increasingly uncomfortable. I am not sure if I should just find someone else to try and help or if it is a lost cause? does this sound like normal process to take this long?
I started getting calls from my creditors again recently but since the last phone call this seems to have stopped. I am nervous that it is going to come to nothing and not sure what I will do then.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:44 pm
Hmm -- In your shoes I would cut my losses and go with another firm, or at least seek their opinions on moving forward.

I would venture to suggest you try a more pro-active and co-operative firm. A look around the forum will show up a couple that are very highly thought of ( as well as a few to be approached with caution).
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:15 pm
Hi

Sounds as if your IVA was rejected

What money have you paid out to Creditfix ?

Speak to other experts/companies and explore all options

Regards
Andam Davies

Rubyred

Post by Rubyred » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:36 pm
Hmm, I would steer clear of them. We are/were with creditfix, the call centre staff leave a lot to be desired, but I have nothing but praise for our IP. Trouble is you have to jump through numerous hoops to speak to her! We had so many admin problems, chased for payments that had been made on time, differences in figures and contradicting advice from umpteen different people. If you don't lose too much I would certainly go with the companies recommended on here
Having dreams doesn't cost a penny and keeps you going
Iva completed 14 months early!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”