Credit report query

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1

Cryptic skipper

Post by Cryptic skipper » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:00 pm
Hi all[:D]

My I've started 5 years ago and I'm nearly at the end.

I've been checking my credit report and noticed the following if somebody could help ?

I owed £6000 to Barclays. On the month my iva started this shows on my experian report as balance settled and next to it 'assigned to CAIS member'. The same month a new entry appears with the exact same balance for polonius ltd . ( I presume they bought the debt)

I also owed £8000 to halifax.Again the month my iva started this entry shows as satisfied and next to it 'assigned to CAIS member'. HOWEVER no corresponding new entry with this balance appears anywhere on my credit file. Has this been sold and am I still liable for it?

I have triple checked the report and after the entry stating satisfied this balance does not show again on my file?

Do I need to notify my company to query that this is unclaimed so my other creditors can get a bigger dividend!

Many thanks.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:28 pm
For peace of mind you could mention it to your IP -- but I doubt there is any problem.

The credit reports from each of the three agencies vary so much it is untrue ! I have just got mine and, although there are no unknown additions, one doesn't even mention the IVA, or half my creditors, another mentions, again, only half of my creditors. One still has debts assigned to Barclays and defaulted as current, whilst another has the same debts correctly assigned to Max Recovery and marked as partially settled!

Considering that so much weight is put upon the information these agencies hold, they should really be regulated and made to get their acts together !
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”