New excuse for not sending certificate - 'closures department is up for repair '

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Dee.23

Post by Dee.23 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:09 pm
My IVA went for closure in December and I was informed it will be complete in July this year. I still have not received it and when I contacted them their response was 'as a creditor hasn't claimed we have given them until 21/07 to respond, please call back 22/07'. I have called back twice to be told the closures department is up for repair??? How can this be? I feel as though I am being fobbed off and all I want is my certificate of completion so I can get on with my life!!! It's been over 6 years now!!!

urbanfox

Post by urbanfox » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:43 pm
I find it appalling that these companies can get away with the outrageous delays in issuing completion certificates and there is nothing we can do about it other than complain to them! We enter into a legally binding agreement which is singed by our IP and they have to ensure the terms are adhered to - rest assured that if we break the terms at any point that we would be issued with a notice of breach yet there is no penalty for the IP not sticking to the terms. I have it clearly written on my proposal that there will a 3 month period following the final payment to finish the in house paperwork and complete. I made my last payment 7 weeks ago and have been pro-active by contacting them for an update. I was told by email that it takes 5 months for in house completion. I have gone back to them asking for an explanation on why 5 months as my proposal clearly states 3 months. I have played by the rules all the way through - so should the IP after all - what did i pay for if not for a complete service? No other business gets away with this this appalling customer service. I appreciate it is a few tarnishing the many and not all companies as hopeless but there should industry wide penalties for unnecessary delays!
IVA started Jan 2012
Last payment made June 2014 @100p
Completion certificate received Sept 2014

althas

Post by althas » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:43 pm
It's like pretty much anything. As a consumer, you break the rules you are hounded. They break the rules tough luck. But they do appologise for any incovenience LOL what a joke. You get angry they just hang up on you

I travel on trains a lot and ask this, which I think sums it up

Could I ring the trian company and make them wait at the station for 15 minutes because I am running a little late? I would of course be sorry for any inconvenience caused
There are 10 kinds of people that understand binary, those that do and those that don't

TzeKin

Post by TzeKin » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:21 pm
Must be the most coveted excuse of 2014 so far for delaying completion certificate ,an award should be given..name and shame award.I will be happy to present it with a cream pie as treat.

3 months iva closure is doable.It has been shown here by regular contributors. But it isn't the norm.PPI issues etc.

There are no penalties for not conforming to that closure timescale in the iva paperwork unlike scheduled or late payments.

Iva firms have too many clients,and making lots of money.They get paid before the certificates are issued.

Imaging if the iva firms have to wait till all PPI are sorted and certificate are issued before been paid....then you see a change in attitude.
Last edited by TzeKin on Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”