How long does it take to get your completion certificate ? Last payment made December 2013

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

Blake.lm

Post by Blake.lm » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:39 pm
How long does it take to get your completiom
certificate paid last payment made december 2013

Croydon lady

Post by Croydon lady » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:06 pm
I have been told I wont get mine until my 6 years are up, started 22 August 2008 finished paying August 2013 so should get mine this August.They told me its to do with PPI claims
last payment made August 2013,Completion Certificate received 12 November 2014

DerekS

Post by DerekS » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:21 am
It very much depends on which company your IVA was with as some seem to be able to get CC's out promptly whilst others take an eternity. I am with GT and made my last payment in Feb 2013 and to date still no CC. I received an annual chairman's statement in March stating that my account was pending closure but could not be closed due to delays in PPI claims and VAT issues with the tax man. GT usually quote six months to close IVA's and issue CC so I am just waiting until September which will be 6 months from getting notice of pending closure before starting a formal complaint.

sara42827

Post by sara42827 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:06 pm
Hi

I got my cert after 3 months from GT.
I had a F&F offer accepted and paid.
Due to the death of my parents recently. My late fathers Atterny was in a rush to have my cert so I could start filling in paper work with regards to the estate. He said a very strong worded letter and hey presto 7 days later it arrived! My advice get a Solicitor on it! x

sara42827

Post by sara42827 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:08 pm
Sorry forgot to mention, I had no PPI. I know this can cause delays!

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:41 pm
Three months is excellent and sometimes a bit of pressure does work.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Sally S

Post by Sally S » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:51 pm
Sara, We are in the same boat as you, had a F&F accepted and paid almost 3months ago now and awaiting a CC. Everytime we call for an update we just get the 'it's a minimum of 6 months' ramble. Would you be willing to disclose what your solicitor said to get the CC so quick? We are planning to emigrate soon and would really like to get this CC before we go so we can start our new life fresh. After seeing so many people on this forum saying they are waiting a year or more, I'm terrified we may be waiting a long time. And no PPI here as that has already been investigated and we were found to have none and GT have this info. I would be extremely grateful if you could help. Thanks!

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:12 pm
IVA cases should be closed within two months of the final anniversary, unless there are specific reasons why this cannot happen - PPI adjustments being one of them.

A Certificate of Completion in its own right is largely meaningless - apart from perhaps indicating to you that the IVA has been finalised - as your case will remain on the Insolvency Register and Credit Referenving Agencies until it has been formally closed, or for 6 years in the case of CRAs.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”