Completion Certificate - DFD

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
27 posts Page 1 of 2

Random Lady

Post by Random Lady » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:39 pm
Hi all - haven't been on here for a while but having read lots of stories about delays from DFD, I thought I would add my own. Our variation to accept funds as full & final settlement went through around 10 months ago, after several delays I received an email confirming the CC would be issued within their normal timeframe of 6-8 weeks from 21/5/14. Still waiting so emailed again last week and advised customer care team would be in touch to advise on why there is a delay but I am still waiting!!!! I'm not holding out too much hope on receiving it any day soon but do feel it totally unacceptable how we can be treat when we have struggled through an IVA!
Last edited by Random Lady on Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F&F approved May 13 - just awaiting Completion Certificate - moving to a new Debt Free life !!

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:34 am
Hi

You have every right to be frustrated

No valid reason why a completion certificate should take so long

Hopefully DFD will pick up this thread

Regards
Andam Davies

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:36 pm
There seems to be glut of similar posts on the forum about this firm at the moment, but I haven't seen their representatives posting much of late.

Did they warn you that there might be delays in finalising matters for you, and explain what they were? PPI mis-selling investigations and claims are probably the culprit here, but at least it would be good to keep you properly informed.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:40 pm
Really hope the certificate comes through soon ... best wishes !
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Random Lady

Post by Random Lady » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:57 pm
Hi - after several emails, I obtained confirmation from them that everything was in place and the CC would be issued within their standard 6-8 weeks from 21/5/14. Emailed when not received and was advised that there was nothing to indicate there should be a hold up (PPI all confirmed as being resolved after completion). Last email from DFD confirmed a request would be put through for me to be contacted but I am still waiting. I just feel it is so unfair when you've done your bit but the company supposedly working for you, doesn't do their bit - though I agree it does seem to be the case for a lot of DFD's customers at the minute!!! [V][V][V]
F&F approved May 13 - just awaiting Completion Certificate - moving to a new Debt Free life !!

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:16 pm
Sorry to hear you still haven't had things finalised.

And not a great advert for DFD.

Hope it gets sorted soon for you.
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

artemischild

Post by artemischild » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:18 pm
not just at the minute Random lady....mines been going on for 7 years now!!!!
IVA completion and certificate received 08/10/2012!!!

Random Lady

Post by Random Lady » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:58 pm
Hi all - this just gets better!! Still no contact from DFD - have emailed IP direct tonight. Found a deal with our mortgage provider that would save us a lot of money per month but they refuse to let us transfer to it as we do not have our Completion Certificate and the interest in the property is still registered.
Anybody know the best way of submitting a complaint about the way this company deals with its clients?
Thanks

seagulls

Post by seagulls » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:35 pm
Sorry I can`t help with advice but just to give you my support . It must be so frustrating . I really hope this gets sorted for you soon

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:48 pm
I am afraid that, before escalating a complaint to their regulators you need to go through your firm's internal complaints process first.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Broke n down

Post by Broke n down » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:06 am
I feel your pain Random Lady, I am in the same boat. After complying with everything I was told to comply with, I get the same brush off's that you do. If I had treated my IVA with the same level of contempt that DFD have, I would be in serious trouble. The person in the IVA is legally bound to a binding contract while the IVA company can please themselves so it seems.

TzeKin

Post by TzeKin » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:24 pm
To put it simply.....DFD has too many many clients like EIF.
When dfd close ivas it is in their tens of thousands,it is an 'iva mass factory'
This is the point,closure is done not individually.

Like a factory every iva product is on a conyeyor belt.Not possible to give an exact eta time for any exacting process to complete.Only ests'times are given and is usually late.

Like a factory or IT Server a recliabration of its processes is required.But they can't be bothered?
Last edited by TzeKin on Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Evette Everest

Post by Evette Everest » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:14 pm
Hi Random Lady,
Please email me directly (address in my profile) and a member of the Forum Support Team will contact you directly to look into your case further.
Kind Regards
Evette
Debt Free Direct
Forum Customer Support

Random Lady

Post by Random Lady » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:25 pm
Hi Evette - have sent an email. Look forward to one of your team being able to resolve this issue so we can move on.

Broke n down

Post by Broke n down » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:32 pm
TzeKin

I work in a modern manufacturing facility (factory) and if we operated with the same degree of customer focus/care, we would be out of business within 3 months. Taking the money and supplying constant excuses backed up with vagueness and incompetence is not the way business is conducted.
27 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”