Post amended

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

Blake.lm

Post by Blake.lm » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:56 am
To all you thinking of going for a iva think about this first ive been in a iva for 6 years done everything thats been asked even paid more in than agreed thought I had changed the corner then the one thing I wanted coulld not have a morgage was told that because ive been in a iva noone will lend to me so 6 years for nothing I know people that went the other way bankrupancy never had this much trouble and after 12 months started to get credit back even the morgage broker said you might have been better going bankrupancy in the first place so to all that are looking dont be fooled and dont forgat all you are doing is linning other peoples pockets going through a iva be warned

Thank you for your apology Blake
Posting amended by poster as follows

Admin

I posted because I was angry and I do apploigise if ive offended anyone no intent was intended and after speaking to a another morgage broker this morning there is light but again I was wrong for my last comment.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:05 am
Hi

Not exactly correct

True some mortgage lenders will not entertain anyone who has been in an IVA for many years after it has completed, however there are many that will, you need to use a good mortgage broker such as Ryan and Shaun who post on here

Regards
Andam Davies

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:34 am
Lots of posters on here too are living proof that there is scope for a mortgage post IVA. Luluj who posts is just one of many. As Andy says Ryan and Shaun have helped many people post IVA to get back on the property ladder.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:35 am
Your broker is clearly not very good at their job as bankruptcy would have caused at least the same problems. Mortgages are available for people post IVA so it might be better if you used a broker who knew what they were doing rather than slagging off IVAs and the people who work in this industry.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:54 pm
So glad that you now find you may be able to gain some help with your mortgage enquiries after being in an IVA. Hope it's a positive result for you. All the best. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:14 pm
Thanks Blake and perhaps I was a little tetchy myself. Glad you have now been given some hope and fingers crossed all goes well.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:45 am
Blake ... As others have said there is hope ... Ryan and Shaun both provide that through their mortgage broking skills. Don't give up hope ..... I came through our iva, having given up our mortgaged house at the beginning of our iva and going into rented for four years..... We then approached Ryan who worked with us to get a new mortgage and back on the property ladder ... Three years on Ryan has just re-mortgaged our property with a high street lender at a competitive price !
Don't give up .....
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”