Closed IVA PPI Claim

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

EMH_1009

Post by EMH_1009 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:42 pm
We completed our F&F IVA in October 2013 and after months of chasing finally received our completion certificate.

We didn't however receive the mass variation letter about the changes to the terms around PPI claims. I chased this twice and after being told it was EIC responsibility I just gave up to be honest as I had the completion certificate and had been in contact with EIC and thought no more of it.

I have since been contacted directly by Barclaycard with a successful PPI claim and they have said if I send my completion certificate and bank details they will transfer the amount directly to me.

I'm just worried because we never had the MVL to sign and return and reading the completion letter from GT it clearly states that they have "completed their duties as the supervisor of your voluntary arrangements and have ceased to act on your behalf". I have heard that if you have signed and returned the MVL you get a small amount of compensation, does anyone know what happens if you haven't returned the MVL and have a successful claim? I appreciate that EIC will have a fee as they have been following up the PPI claims.

Also, how long do these things take - EIC have only written to me today asking for a letter of authority for another previous creditor .... surely 6 months later they can't still be chasing these things up can they ?!?!

Sharon.10

Post by Sharon.10 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:10 am
My iva is finished yet they are still chasing ppi I am still filling out eic forms I am with gt and have been told I will get some ppi money back.
Last payment made August 2012 Certificate of Completion recieved 15th of Novenber 2013.

EMH_1009

Post by EMH_1009 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:56 pm
oh ok, sounds like it's just normal then!

Just a bit wary because we don't have the MVL which I believe says something specifically about passing on a small amount of the compensation to the claimant.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”