What do I do ? Received letter re PPI but I was not miss sold so don't want them claiming.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Michelle.71

Post by Michelle.71 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:49 pm
I have 2 months left on my IVA so it ends in sept, I always paid on time but did have some difficulty when I became pregnant & reduced my payments from £240 to £50, I am now paying £266 and have paid an extra year to make up the downfall, I have today received a letter saying that they want to claim my ppi, my problem is I don't want them claiming as I was not mis sold ppi and the only one I thought I was due declined me when I requested it but they are saying it could stop them ended the iva in September what do I do

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:55 pm
I would suggest you allow them to go ahead -- they will insist on doing the investigations in any case and they will conclude much faster with your co-operation. They can only claim mis-sold PPI and, when you get the paperwork simply state that the PPI in question was not mis-sold. Incidentally, even if you wanted the PPI at the time does NOT mean it wasn't mis-sold ... would it have paid out had you claimed (depending upon your circumstances) ? Did you actually NEED it (as opposed to want it) ?

Also some previously declined refund claims are now being paid following more pressure from the Ombudsman.

Finally -- I was one of those who never had PPI ... didn't need it .. didn't want it ....... they found over £8000 !!!
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

dancer

Post by dancer » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:55 pm
In the interest of getting your IVA finished I would just sign the papers....if there is nothing to claim then no harm done!

M
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”