Problems clearing credit file after receiving completion certificate

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1

MarcWoods

Post by MarcWoods » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:19 pm
Hi, I had my letter of completion from Grant Thornton. It was over the 6 year reporting stage so I proceeded to send it to Experian, Callcredit, Equifax. Experian updated there records immediately and looks great. Equifax however say they can not remove it until its been remove from the Individual Insolvency Register? These people tell me that can take 3 months and have no way of telling me if Grant Thornton have even sent them a Completion letter. But did say it shouldn't mean Equifax can't remove it before then.

Do you know who's right here? and what the official process is?
Does anyone ever get a response from Callcredit?

Many thanks

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:50 pm
Officially the Insolvency Register is updated three months after the date of the completion certificate, a copy of which will have been sent to them by GT. Sometimes people get lucky and are removed earlier. You should be able to tell if the certificate has been issued to them as they will mark the entry on the IR as completed, rather than active. If you email them a copy they will do this for you.

Once Equifax have a copy of the certificate they can remove the entry as the IVA IS complete and over the 6 year mark.

Useful guide here:

http://pjgrecovery.com/clean-up-credit-rating.asp
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”