I have my CC. Why does EIC need to contact CRA ? Grateful for advice from an expert

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

mybargainsabluey

Post by mybargainsabluey » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:37 pm
Hi,can someone please help me?.
I have completed my Iva and have my certificate of completion however I was asked if I would allow EIC to try to claim any monies from PPI which although I was initially reluctant, I was persuaded to go ahead and I wanted to get my certificate of completion.
I signed all the necessary forms and returned them (about a year ago I suppose).
A few months ago I received a letter from EIC asking me to sign a letter of authority for them to "dig deep" into my details and this included possible requests to be made of a credit reference agency although I have to give full authorisation for such action to be taken.
I spoke to EIC and explained I am not happy with this and said I would not allow this to take place, They advised me to write back to them stating my reasons why (which I did) and heard nothing else however I have recently had another letter requesting another creditor to do the same thing and hoped this would have been almost at an end. Does anyone else know of this happening as I don't really want to go ahead with this. I called again and was told to do the same again but was told that if I don't sign then my IP will probably contact me directly. what does this all mean? and why do they need to contact a CRA?.
I would be grateful if one of the experts could advise me?.
Many Thanks!.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:04 am
The need to contact a CRA is to see what loans etc were taken out and when so EIC can investigate them. If you refuse there may be little that anyone can do as you have the CC and threats of failure would be hollow.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

skint til payday

Post by skint til payday » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:41 am
Thanks for advising on this. it doesn't really make sense to me as I have completed my Iva already and spent hours removing any incorrect defaults from my credit files. Surely they should realise that once your iva is completed and you are on year six then most things would have already have been wiped away?

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:01 am
I think they can actually go back further than six years but I am not sure how that works. I know some people have received PPI rebates from long ago but I have no idea how these firms get the info.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

skint til payday

Post by skint til payday » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:08 am
Thanks Michael, but I still dont see how they can look back into our files if you've had an iva and everything's cleared off after the 6 year period.
I know my files are completely clear.

sponge

Post by sponge » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:33 pm
I think it might get skewed because you have to add the length of loan (say 5 years) so on record for eleven, but can only go back six. So a claim for a 11 year old loan if you like

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:42 pm
Hi

I think it is possible for creditors etc to go back further than six years via the CRAs

Personally I would not comply if I had my completion certificate already but do check that you are off the Insolvency Register

Regards
Andam Davies

skint til payday

Post by skint til payday » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:57 pm
Hi, I Was just wondering if anyone else may have had any issues re this?.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”