Right, I completed my IVA October 2011 with GT and its still not closed.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Gigi.52

Post by Gigi.52 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:44 am
Right, I completed my iva 2 years 10 mo ths ago (October 2011) and its still not closed. Ive go e through everythi g that gt have asked for including all of my wage slips etc and I had a letter I march 2014 saying that they were satisfied with my account. Have gone through all of the ppi nonsense too. Now gt are asking for a valuation of my property and a mortgage redemption certificate! Do they think I have won the lottery and paid my mortgage off?!
Its all dragging on and come this oct it will be 3 years since it ended and still no certificate to show for it. All I've had is constant requests for more and more information from me wbjch I duly oblige promptly.
Are they just trying to keep me on their books?
Three years and I haven't got my life back yet.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:13 am
Hi and welcome

What a fiasco

How can this be right ?

Why do they want details of your property ?

I would complain using their own complaints procedure in the first instance

Did your IVA run for the whole five years ?

Regards
Andam Davies

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:14 am
Goodness me! Did you have equity release towards the end, normally month 54? If you complied then, I cannot believe you are still being asked.

There are some long waits for certificates but this is ridiculous! Why do GT say it's still open?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:26 am
I would hazard a guess that this is an error -- we have had quite a few instances recently where, due to the IVA being artificially kept open to deal with PPI, requests for a valuation have erroneously been sent out, as the end of a year is reached.

That apart -- this completion certificate is in serious need of being chased with some vigour.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:16 am
Three years after IVA completion and this `company` are still hounding and fishing for more information to try and wring out every little last bit in fees[:0].

Surely the OP`s legal obligation to provide any more details expired after the finish date of their IVA?

What is the point of a regulatory body for this profession when it seems there are a few IVA providing companies doing just as they please and getting away with it?
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".

Eric Cantona
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”