Why?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1

Ruthlyn

Post by Ruthlyn » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:10 pm
Life is ticking along and whilst at the moment, there's nothing much spare, we've at least got enough to pay the bills and eat.
My ex, who doesn't pay maintainence, sees my youngest son and despite pleas of not being able to afford maintainence, has just taken him to a Chelsea football match, brought him a top and headphones at £70......yet when I ask for a contribution towards college fees I am met with abuse!
Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful that he does spend money on my son but how can he then plead poverty if I ask for money for college etc?
I feel bad enough that I can't do those things myself.....I don't need the ex's help to feel worse than I do! :(
The secret of change is to focus your energy,not on fighting the old but on building the new
Socrates

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:17 pm
Hi Ruth. I am afraid, finances apart, the Absent parent gets the kudos for buying things and going places, that the parent with care simply cannot manage. What we get is the taking to school/ sending them to college, making sure they do their homework / set course work, and do numerous other things they have to do ( when they don't want to!).
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”