Am I compelled to complete another financial assessment after my IVA with GT finishes ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

AdP63

Post by AdP63 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:23 pm
my iva finishes on 1st September 2014 g.t.who are acting for my creditors want me to complte another financial assessment for this year which will be dealt with afer this date am I compled to do this as I though iva were agreeded in court and were only for 5 years. also they wiil receive all of my ppi outstanding payments which to date total over 13 thousand pounds

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:53 pm
Hi. I imagine what they will be doing is carrying out a final review, which they are entitled to do. The original term of the IVA is agreed at the outset and is not always 5 years. The term can also be extended under certain circumstances which will all be outlined in the agreement to which you agreed.

Although it might not appear to be the case GT aren't acting for your creditors, but are supervising the arrangement for the benefit of all parties.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:15 pm
I might add that the IVA will not finish until such time as GT issue the completion certificate and you will be bound by it's terms until then.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:35 am
Hi and welcome to the forum. A final review is completing usual in most if not all companies who deal with IVA's so nothing to worry about. Gaining the completion certificate however is what you want to close the IVA completely and no longer be bound by the terms and conditions of this.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”