Wondering if anyone has upgraded existing Orange account with EE successfully ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Karen.tr

Post by Karen.tr » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:26 pm
Hi. I have been reading some of the other posts about upgrading etc. when you are in an IVA. I was obviously expecting sticking to my provider who are Orange as I realise I cannot get a new provider because I would fail due to my IVA. However, the problem I have is that Orange have been taken over by EE and when I was filling out the upgrade info, it says they need to have some personal info and will do a basic credit check, which I wasn't expecting :-( This must be because Orange and EE are not classed as the same company but the latter has incorporated the other under its banner and seem to offer faster/better performance options albeit more costly ones. I was just wondering if anyone on here had actually tried to upgrade their existing Orange contract recently with EE successfully. It does say if you wish to continue with Orange you can ring them but I am unsure what I say as the reason I want to remain with them, given EE are so much more cutting edge and I'm unlikely to be able to change to 4G etc after the event. Obviously, if I have to go via Orange then I will, as it may be the only solution - just wanted to pose the question first. Thanks

abbiesmum2003

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:19 pm
ive been with orange for years. Recently upgraded via EE/orange or whoever it is now and didnt have a problem. Wanted to change supplier as signal with ee in my area is rubbish but couldnt due to credit check. you should be fine.

recovering

Post by recovering » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:35 am
Yes I upgraded to EE without a problem this year

Imhotep

Post by Imhotep » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:43 am
I got a new phone through EE a few months ago. No problems.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:33 am
Hopefully all will be fine taking into account the replies received. Good luck.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Karen.tr

Post by Karen.tr » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:34 pm
Many thanks for your speedy replies, even on a weekend :-). I am somewhat relieved by what has been said, so will give the upgrade a go now. Cheers Karen
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”