With PPI money most creditors have been repaid100%. Is this more favourable for future credit ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Richarddw56

Post by Richarddw56 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:33 pm
Hi my IVA is completed next month with no holiday months. My question is this during my IVA I successfully reclaimed ppi to nearly the amount originally owed to my creditors which they used to off set debt owed to them so most off my creditors have received 100% of money outstanding does this look more favourable to future lenders than when my IVA was set up at a projected 65% repayment plan.

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:25 pm
Hi and welcome. A good question and one I personally have never thought about.

In my humble opinion having the IVA itself on the credit files whether repaid in full or partially was enough to ruin your credit rating. however, after 6 years from acceptance date of IVA this should drop off and all defaults can be removed/tidied up to reflect your new rating and all should be fine, but not sure how deep they look. Maybe one of our others has a view?
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:22 pm
Future lenders will have no access to the repayment record of the IVA -- all they will see, until it is removed from the files, is that you entered into an IVA on a given date and it's current status (active or completed).
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”