Privacy concerns

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Magpie.51

Post by Magpie.51 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:37 am
I have an IVA ( 3 years completed) have just my state pension which means that after my IVA payment of £418. £130 left to put towards household expenses.My husband pays all the bills making my monthly surplus a very small percentage of total, in fact it does not cover my personal cost of food etc. He has decided that he does not want his personal income details to be made known as he feels that this is an intrusion but he is obviously happy to supply all household expenditure. I can appreciate what he is saying, in as much we live in a small village and one of our creditors is local and has discussed our affairs with aquaintances that would never know our details under normal circumstances.As by just looking at the expenditure it is obvious that these bills are being met by someone other than myself. How do I stand on this issue as I am worried about the outcome

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:04 am
He is quite entitled to withold his income details. However, without this your IP will have to assume that you meet 50% of household expenses, rather than pro rata to your relative earnings.
Last edited by Foggy on Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:09 am
If your total monthly income is £548 then your husband is already supporting the IVA and indeed effectively paying it. His income details are his own and if the IP assumes a 50/50 split of the bills you probably have no money left.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”