Positive post DFD

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

nittykitty

Post by nittykitty » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:16 am
Hi there,
We completed our IVA at the end of March and yesterday received our completion certs. It has taken just short of 5 months and I can honestly say no hassle with DFD during our 6 years with them.
If there have been any probs they've sorted them out quickly and efficiently.
Thanks to Ashley Rainford who kept me informed of my progress as it was nearing completion.
Of course EIF claims are still ongoing with one more to sort but having signed any money over to them I couldn't care less now! We must have signed forms 2 years into our 6 years so 4 years to process claims!!!!
Anyhow enough of that I'm celebrating the end and looking forward to clearing up files. Anyone know how long it takes to come off Insolvency register?

Thanks to the forum too xxxxx

TzeKin

Post by TzeKin » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:40 pm
Yes I concur,DFD can be the best of the iva 'factory' firm.I would recommend them overall.Obviously what has been posted on them here is not representative of all their client satisfaction.
You are lucky that you got your certificate pretty quick.3 months of wait is the best I have seen offered here by another firm.

You now ought to email the insolvency service with your certificate yourself to get them to remove your iva record.They is a special email address they will provide for the attachment.

I heard here there was a delay of 3 months for New finishes of iva to remove the IS record.Things might have changed then.
Congrads
Last edited by TzeKin on Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Til

Post by Til » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:54 pm
Good to hear this as we are with DFD and only 2 more payments to go. I have to say that I have always found them to be helpful when needed and any problems have been fairly resolved.

We are just awaiting a variation and deed of assignment to be sent to us so that our closure won't be held up. This is because I did not want to sign the 2014 protocol and have done our PPI myself.

I am hoping I will be able to post of here soon myself singing the praises of DFD if they can get our completion certificate through in good time.
"Hope is the feeling you have that the feeling you have isn't permanent." - Jean Kerr

IVA approved Aug 2008 - 6 year term - last payment made 6 Oct 2014. CC received 14 Nov 2014.

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:20 pm
As one to always knock companies sloppy behaviour in closing ivas well done DFD for improving at last.

Glad to hear positives about them.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

dawn20

Post by dawn20 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:26 am
glad to see DFD have smartened up their act as it took 17 months to get the cc .others on here are correct when your in the iva for the 4 years fab but once I got to the last year it was like wadding through mud with constant mail from DFDand EIF wanting you to sign etc but this was a one way process. they were not very helpful. to the point that I felt quite frustrated .If it wasn't for this forum and the advice I don't think I would have coped . thanks to all you guys . its great being debt free since I paid my last payement in JAN 2011. as I said the wait for the cc was the most stressful as you want to get on with your life but when it comes its a fab feeling. persoanaly I would not recommend DFD but im glad to see you have had a better service from them . Maybe they are now realising that their customer services needed improving.

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:11 am
Nice to see positive comments about a company that can be criticised...all the best with your debt free future. Hopefully an improvement for many more.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”