Would IVA take all my increase in salary ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Eric.55

Post by Eric.55 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:22 pm
Hi. I have had an iva now for 6 months and everything is going really well. Im living to my budget perfectly. The thing is ive just been offered a job that is £ 4 an hour more than im earning now and its better career prospects. Would my iva take all of the extra income off me or would it work similar to the overtime rule. Any advice and information is welcome. Many thanks.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:12 am
Your proposal document should outline what happens if income increases. Normally you would retain some of it, possibly 50%, .... have your expenses increased at the same time ? Has the change meant increased transport costs or other increases ... often increases can be absorbed in the change of expenses
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:01 am
Usually permanent pay increases are taken into account at annual review at which time your payment will be increased by 50% of the net increase. Some IP's do try to take increases early, but, as luluj says, it should be detailed within your paperwork.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:40 am
Congratulations on the new job and do not let the IVA hold you back. You could do a full review now taking into account any new expenses such as travel, clothing, childcare etc. You could then agree a new payment and the new income figure would then form the basis for the 10% 50/50 rule going forward. You could also possibly wait until the annual review but as the others say it depends on your proposal so have a word with your IP.
Last edited by Michael Peoples on Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:03 am
Well done on the new job!

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”