Would a DMP or IVA affect my chances in Australia. I am planning to emigrate.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Claire.74

Post by Claire.74 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:35 am
i am planning on emigrating to australia to be near my husbands mother.
would an IVA or debit management plan affect my chances out there or do i not need to advise or inform this to people over there

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:45 am
You could do either and transfer the funds here each month or you could seek insolvency advice in Australia when you get there. Have a word with an insolvency firm for some free advice.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Claire.74

Post by Claire.74 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:11 am
Many thanks. I just dont want to enter into an IVA if it means i wont be allowed into the country. Who can confirm this.... and does my credit history follow me or once i leave all that poor history is left here

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:54 pm
You should contact the Australian High Commission to see if an IVA or bankruptcy would affect your application to reside there but I have seen many others do the same and be unaffected. You should be fine but no harm in double checking.

When you get to Oz you will have no credit file there at all so you will be starting from scratch. I am not sure whether any poor credit could migrate on to your Australian credit file but I doubt it.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”