IVA completed . . . or so I thought!!!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
11 posts Page 1 of 1

sturty999

Post by sturty999 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:39 am
Morning all,

Looking for some help before I get on the phone to ClearDebt on Monday to tell them exactly what I think of them!

Made my 60th and final payment of £257 into my IVA in June 2014. Received this email from my advisor at ClearDebt . . .

'Hi Andrew,
I have completed a final review and no additional funds are to be introduced into the arrangement.
Once the PPI investigation has been completed your completion certificate will be issued.
Thanks
Bernadette '

Brilliant! Cancelled my standing order and booked a family holiday for next summer, as we have not been able to do this for the last 5 years!

Yesterday received an email to say my advisor has gone on maternity leave and I now have a new advisor, shortly followed by this . . .

'Hello Andrew,
I have completed your final review, It has come to light that you have earned some additional monies these total £1,097.45 and will need to be cleared before we can send you your completion certificate. If you lowered your monthly contributions to £219.49 you should be able to clear the additional money within 5 months. I understand that this was not the update you were looking for but unfortunately we have to comply with the terms of your IVA. The PPI claims have now been completed so one the additional monies have been paid we will be able to issue you with your completion certificate. I will send you the Annual report today so that you can review it. If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to get in touch,
Kind Regards,
Bella'

HELP! I am SO angry that I was led to believe everything was complete apart from the PPI, only to be told this is not the case!

Any advice greatly received.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:47 am
Hi Andrew. First .... do you agree that there are additional monies earned which have not been paid ? If not, ask for an exact breakdown.

Second .... their terminology is a mite confusing. Have you EARNED £1097.45, or is this the SHARE due on earnings over twice that amount ?

Third .... How many reviews does it take to get to the correct one !!!
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

sturty999

Post by sturty999 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:31 pm
Hi Foggy,

I am not really sure where they have calculated this figure from, and also concerned how one advisor thinks there is nothing extra to pay in and another one does!!!

Maybe I should ask for another review and see if it is third time lucky!!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:44 pm
Send an email to them marked for the attention of David Mond and ask him if he will look at the papers to ascertain which case worker (if either) is correct.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

sturty999

Post by sturty999 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:19 am
Thanks Foggy. I have emailed the case worker and copied in David Mond with my thoughts and questions! I will let you know the outcome!

sturty999

Post by sturty999 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:40 pm
Pleased to report that after contacting my case worker and David Mond, David has carried out a final review and come up with a revised figure which is much more realistic and resolved the issue. He also confirmed that DRSP have completed my PPI investigation after starting it in January 2013.

Hopefully completion certificate should be issued very shortly and then I am free!

Hang in there people, 5 years on and I am pleased that I sought the advice of ClearDebt and although it has not always been smooth sailing and money has been tight, the end is now in sight!

This forum has been a massive help both before entering into my IVA and also during it, it is nice to know that there are so many other people in exactly the same situation.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:58 pm
Excellent news, Sturty999.

Onward and upward :-)

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:28 pm
Pleased for you that it's been resolved. We are with cleardebt and have always found them helpful. We have also been transferred to Bella and have exchanged several emails with her over the past week as we await our completion certificate and she appears to be very professional too. Hopefully our completion certificates will not be too far off!

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:48 pm
I'm pleased it's been resolved and David is a fair IP. Relieved hoping your certificate is received very soon.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:24 pm
Me too! I have in my head that I would like it before Christmas to enjoy a truly debt free Christmas. Have had confirmation that we have no ppi or equity. Just waiting for VAT so feeling hopeful! We have waited 5 years already I guess!

Christabelle_sparkle

Post by Christabelle_sparkle » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:05 am
Hope this is all resolved this side of Christmas for you.
An IVA is a long hard road but valuable lessons have been learnt along the way. Now looking forward to enjoying a debt free future!
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”