Hi all, I am not accustomed to this forum lark, however I have read some very sound advice..

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
15 posts Page 1 of 1

Andrew.p

Post by Andrew.p » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:37 pm
Hi all, I am not accustomed to this forum lark, however I have read some very sound advice from those here and would respectfully ask one or two of you for a little advice if you would spare me a few minutes.

History....

IVA - completed Oct 2012 with DFD
Nil defaults throughout
All paperwork returned as requested.
Advised to wait six months for completion cert

The reality -

After a fantastic service from dfd initially and throughout my payment schedule I was very happy to complete my final payment.

Unfortunately that's where things have started to go horribly wrong. I decided to chase up my cert in spring2014 but told I would still have to wait an additional 6 weeks due to ppi.
I waited a further 8 wks to be told exactly the same again and again and again until Jan 14.

Jan 14 I was told my creditors meeting was ready to be held ( what the """"?) I was gobsmacked.

April 14 creditors variation meeting delayed.

June 14 no cert, same excuses only now they have not received my paperwork from 2012 and ppi is yet to be claimed. Apparently this is now my fault as I haven't sent my fourth deed of assignment in. This is after repeated confirmation they have it on their system.

I have called up every week for the last 5 months to be fobbed off with a multitude of excuses. Ranging from change in law, systems down, I even have emails saying that ppi does not effect the completion cert.. Only to be told last week that this is not the case and dfd will not issue cert contrary to official emails.

This is crazy. Please please can someone offer me some guidance. I have tried ombudsman and fsa but it seems dfd have this totally tied up and was told only last Friday by a dfd supervisor( won't be named) to go to ombudsman as it won't make a difference anyway.

Once again thank you for your time. I can only apologise for lack of grammer and a extended rant.

Andy

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:41 pm
Hi Andy. The Ombudsman has no interest in these matters. I can only suggest that you escalate your complaint to DFD's Regulators using this link:

https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

rotherhamdan

Post by rotherhamdan » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:34 pm
Hi Andy I finished my IVA in May 2013 with DFD and had the same problems with my completion certificate and then got a notice of breach letter saying that I was failing. All in all I got fed and decided to ring them up and find out what was going off, got transferred to someone who could deal with my case but was cold transferred to them and had to explain the reason for my call. The woman I spoke to was rude and not at all professional. So I wrote an email to my supervisor and had in Bold Writing I want to make a formal complaint. Next day I got an email saying it was being passed to the complaints team. On the 26th august I had phone call from Paul, who apologized about the notice of breach that it was sent in error and it's now being passed to the closure team to complete my IVA. Got the official letter and response to my complaint. So now if they say again its not being closed I've got written proof but here's hoping the nightmare is nearly over. I hope this helps you.
D I Drabble

Andrew.p

Post by Andrew.p » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:34 pm
Thank you for the support and the updates on your own situations, surely someone on here can shed some light on a good contact to sort this out at dfd.

I like yourself have now hit a brick wall and the attitude from their phone staff is getting worse each time I call.

I am one month short of 2 years after completing last payment, it would be interesting to hear from someone who has waited even longer.

I am now looking into legal proceedings into the detrimental effect to my credit profile as well as the obvious lack of commitment to a contract.

I will endeavour to keep you updated as to our rights. BBC watchdog are going to return a call early this week. Fingers crossed.

Until then any advice is surely welcome.

Andy

Andrew.p

Post by Andrew.p » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:56 pm
Quick request?

Does anyone know who DFDs authorising body are ? I require my IP s auth body t finalise a complaint.

Thanks Andy

Til

Post by Til » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:12 pm
I have always found Judith Anderton to be very helpful with any queries we've had with DFD.

You can see her expert profile here and contact her perhaps?

http://www.iva.co.uk/forum/pop_profile. ... y&id=23443
"Hope is the feeling you have that the feeling you have isn't permanent." - Jean Kerr

IVA approved Aug 2008 - 6 year term - last payment made 6 Oct 2014. CC received 14 Nov 2014.

Andrew.p

Post by Andrew.p » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:35 am
Many thanks Til,

I have emailed Judith, so hopefully it will get me somewhere a little quicker than the previous two years have.

Andy

seagulls

Post by seagulls » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:22 am
I have every sympathy and feel that there needs to be some legal limit for the closing of an IVA and some obvious route of redress if time limits are not adhered to.

Andrew.p

Post by Andrew.p » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:48 pm
I totally agree, I have emailed Judith but have become very cynical over the last two years and don't hold much hope.

It would be interesting to hear if anyone has managed to receive a compensation for damages to credit profile due to lack of IVA removel from CRAs .

Who knows??

I will keep all posted on any developments.

Andrew.p

Post by Andrew.p » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:49 pm
Well, I have yet to hear back from Judith so I decided to give dfd yet another call to chase up where I was up to.

I have a new development now direct from the support team. I am apparently priority one on their to do list but they are currently short staffed hence the backlog.

Hmmmm great news that I'm someone's priority however I don't think for one second that I am the only one at this priority level.

I will keep chipping away at the dfd grind stone and if I find out anything else that will help any one else in a similar situation.

Til

Post by Til » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:21 pm
Hi just for info it normally takes Judith a few days to reply as she's so busy so she still might get back to you. I always give her at least a week as I know they aim for a 5 day turnaround on emails.
"Hope is the feeling you have that the feeling you have isn't permanent." - Jean Kerr

IVA approved Aug 2008 - 6 year term - last payment made 6 Oct 2014. CC received 14 Nov 2014.

Andrew.p

Post by Andrew.p » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:41 pm
Thank you I appreciate all advice received. I will wait for a email and see where it takes me.

I understand she must be inundated with requests from disgruntled clients.

Here's hoping for a resolution soon

Andrew.p

Post by Andrew.p » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:17 pm
Hi all. Good news .

I have after nearly two years received my completion certificate. It has been an absolute struggle from day one trying to get the final paperwork post final payment but here I am .
I would just like to say thankyoh for all those who helped me through the tough times with sound advice or just a strong shoulder of support.

I intend to return the favour by not leaving this forum but by trying to give anyone the support they also may need in the months or years to come.

I had to play hardball in the end with threats of legal action and direct contact with the ip to get anywhere but it did seem to work. For all those in my situation or pushing past even two years, keep your chin up and stay strong.

Anyone with a DFD iva will do no harm in contacting LAURA HARROP on the customer support email. She did not pull any punches or lie to me about issues but for once actually stood by her word and sorted what other did not in 24 months.

Pm me if you require any further info. I will only be glad to help.

And once again thank you all.

Andy

Til

Post by Til » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:46 pm
That's great news Andrew.p - really pleased for you :)

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:10 pm
Great news ....onwards and upwards now !!!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"
15 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”