They are confusing the living day lights out of me. No clear answers about broadband & phone

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Charanjit

Post by Charanjit » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:19 pm
Hi

if your in an iva can you get internet because im told you cannot get sky broadband or virgin media because this is classed as credit. is this right?
also are you allowed to get a new phone, all i get it's not in your expenditure and all this stuff and no straight answers, all they say is the money at the end off the month is yours then it's not, you gotta think of your expenditure? they are confussing the living day light's out of me.
thank you.

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:28 pm
Yes you certainly can have internet when in an IVA. I was with Sky internet/phone package throughout my IVA. You are entitled to an allowance within your income/expenditure

A basic Sky package is allowed and anything extra is usually funded by cutting back on other allowances.

A new phone? If you have a contract now and it comes up for renewal you can upgrade your phone no problem too.

Hope that helps?
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:35 pm
Hi. Who are you with ?

I suspect you are either chatting to a case worker with little real knowledge, or they are just being obtuse for the hell of it.

Once your expenditure is agreed what you do with it is up to you, not your IP, as long as your ability to pay the agreed payment isn't compromised.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:53 am
If you have not already entered the IVA I suggest you try another firm as this one does not sound like they know what they are talking about. If you are already in the IVA you are effectively stuck with them but what theyare saying is incorrect.

You can get credit anyway if it is a utility or less than £500 so speak to someone else for some sense.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”