Freeman Jones IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Cybertiger

Post by Cybertiger » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:22 pm
Be very wary of the service offered by Freeman Jones. Clearly by the way I have been treated they believe I must be degenerate or stupid by the fashion in which I am addressed in all telephone calls. I have found an easy solution, which is to not speak with them! Since my IVA was started fourteen months ago I have worked very hard to acquire better paid jobs (two in succession) in order to earn more money. Good for my income and very good for Freeman Jones. Sadly the banks will not see the benefit of this as the debts have been sold to other companies, I wouldn't even be surprised if these companies weren't linked to Freeman Jones, which is linked to ThinkMoney bank , in turn linked to RBS. Freeman Jones will not listen to the fact that my better paid job causes me to use a further £120 per month to get there, apparently the creditors wouldn't listen! More I feel that Freeman Jones have no interest in representing me whatsoever! They do like the hundreds of pounds per month extra that I pay into the IVA as part of the agreement. It also seems remarkable that I shall, if the current job continues to pay so well, imburse the IVA with more than double the agreement. In short, check references of who you take an IVA with, do not bank with their bank, and be careful that calling their useless "hotlines" may cost you a fortune. I am in the process of changing my bank account and heartily WOULD NOT recommend Freeman Jones as a useful practioner for IVA's. I would not trust them farther than I could throw them and through experience have no respect for the manner in which they operate whatsoever.

Sarah Jolly

Post by Sarah Jolly » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:52 pm
Dear cybertiger

I am sorry you are unhappy with the way we are managing your IVA.

As you know your IVA payment is based on affordability and I understand you have worked hard to secure higher paid employment. Providing you can evidence any increase in your travel costs (or any other reasonable increases in expenditure) then these would be taken into consideration when assessing the additional monies due to your IVA and the amount that you get to keep.

When an IVA is accepted creditors agree to freeze any interest and charges and to write off any debts at the end that you cannot afford to repay. If however circumstances do improve during the IVA you may repay your debts in full or even be in a position to finish your IVA early.

It is common for lenders to sell on accounts to other firms during the IVA, we have no connection with these firms and any payment due from your IVA is paid to the creditor that legally owns the debt.

Our sister company thinkmoney is an independent firm and is not part of the RBS - thinkmoney does buy some of its banking services from RBS and hold clients’ funds in an account with them.

I obviously don’t know the details of your IVA – I would be very happy to investigate any concerns you have. Please don’t hesitate to email me directly with your reference if I can help – my email address is;Sarah.Jolly@FreemanJones.co.uk.

Thank you
Sarah Jolly
Sarah Jolly IMA CMAP - A member of the IVA team at Freeman Jones

Cybertiger

Post by Cybertiger » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:45 pm
That's really odd, my Bank Statements say RBS and when I spoke with someone at RBS they said that Think Money was part of their business. Blimey! I am afraid your offer holds no appeal to me Sarah, the less contact I make with Freeman Jones the better. I will just document what I do and pay,
then seek independent legal advice when my IVA is due to run its course. I am in the process of changing banks, and will continue to make payment in line with my IVA.
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Sarah Jolly

Dear cybertiger

As you know your IVA payment is based on affordability and I understand you have worked hard to secure higher paid employment. Providing you can evidence any increase in your travel costs (or any other reasonable increases in expenditure) then these would be taken into consideration when assessing the additional monies due to your IVA and the amount that you get to keep.

When an IVA is accepted creditors agree to freeze any interest and charges and to write off any debts at the end that you cannot afford to repay. If however circumstances do improve during the IVA you may repay your debts in full or even be in a position to finish your IVA early.

It is common for lenders to sell on accounts to other firms during the IVA, we have no connection with these firms and any payment due from your IVA is paid to the creditor that legally owns the debt.

Our sister company thinkmoney is an independent firm and is not part of the RBS - thinkmoney does buy some of its banking services from RBS and hold clients’ funds in an account with them.

I obviously don’t know the details of your IVA – I would be very happy to investigate any concerns you have. Please don’t hesitate to email me directly with your reference if I can help – my email address is;Sarah.Jolly@FreemanJones.co.uk.

Thank you
Sarah Jolly

bridgey

Post by bridgey » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:20 am
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Sarah Jolly

Dear cybertiger

Thank you
Sarah Jolly
http://www.thinkmoney.co.uk/about-thinkmoney/terms/

"Bank means The Royal Bank of Scotland plc whose registered office is 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB."

The funds in thinkmoney Personal Accounts are held on trust with The Royal Bank of Scotland
Half the lies you tell aint true

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:37 pm
Hi

All IVA companies are duty bound to recover as much as is reasonably possible whilst a client is in an IVA so FJ are not doing anything out of the ordinary. However if you incur extra travel costs due to new work or promotion then this should be taken into consideration and I am sure that Sarah will look into this for you

Please remember the forum ethos "respect for all"

Regards
Andam Davies
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”