University

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

SFA

Post by SFA » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:50 pm
Eldest hopes to go to university next September. NHS will pay for course but my question surrounds financial help for living costs. Our wages are good and would suggest our ability to support her but of course being in the IVA, we can't.
Do any forum members have any experience or advice please ?

Thanks in advance.
SFA

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:03 pm
Hopefully by this time your IVA will be completed unless there is equity to be addressed. Having paid for five years creditors may allow the IVA payments to be reduced to allow you to assist or perhaps you could try and do a settlement. If you have equity at this time perhaps consider a secured loan to close the IVA down which would free up cash to help your daughter.

A couple of options and hopefully something can be done to enable you to help your daughter esepcially given her choice of career path.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

SFA

Post by SFA » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:17 pm
Thank for your reply Michael.
There will be equity but releasing it is another matter !
SFA

dancer

Post by dancer » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:49 pm
I was advised by Payplan that any 'educational' costs are an allowed expense but of course you would have to earn the income to pay the costs without it affecting your IVA!

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:04 am
You could consider offering a settlement now which would free up extra cash for your daughter. If you have to this by way of a secured loan you should be able to remortgage the lot down the High Street within two years so may be worth thinking about.

Shaun Vickery at Select has access to these types of products so might be worth considering.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”