Overpayments ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Mark1980

Post by Mark1980 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:28 am
Hi everyone first post here been an active reader for nearly 5 years and found the advice on here a lifesaver at times !!!

I have 4 payments to go on my IVA , the total agreed proposal of debt on my IVA was £35,000

However when I looked on my. Online account with payplan I have paid in £43500 to date after a mixture of overtime and PPI refunds

I am also owed £2081 in PPI by RBS who are offsetting that on my balance

My question is technically have I fulfilled my obligation with my IVA and can it e closed as I have paid a fair amount over the agreed amount as set in the original proposal

I pay nearly £800 per month and ithas been a struggle with kids , cars and mortgage

Any advice would be appreciated

Kind regards

Mark

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:49 am
Hi Mark. During the IVA you always owe the FULL original debt, plus fees and possible statutory interest. Only when the IVA ends it's agreed course will any of this which is unpaid be written off. The IVA will only close early if you hit this figure, in full, during the term.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:55 am
You need to check with Payplan but if there is no statutory interest to be added you may have paid enough. Given that they are a preferred partner of the creditors and receive numerous referrals from the Banks, they may agree to a reasonable cap on their fees.

You could ask to speak to your IP to see what they say and good luck.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Mark1980

Post by Mark1980 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:26 pm
Thanks for all the replies I was guessing that was the case ... I replied earlier saying I guess I was feeling the strain a little with the payments

But kindly got autocorrected saying I was. Labelling a train .....???

Thanks again

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:34 pm
I saw that and thought it was some sort of weird analogy which I gave up trying to work out!
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:24 pm
We have a poster on here, Mark, called "Skippy", which got famously auto corrected to "Sloppy" :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”