Any advice please on putting forward a convincing proposal for a full and final offer ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Jane.04

Post by Jane.04 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:17 pm
Hi me and my husband seperated in 2011 he promised me he was returning so I took out a Iva with him. However he suffered from depression and decided he couldn't cope with our four children left and set up home with another woman. He pays the £270 a month on initial amount if 38k however my father has said he will pay a cash sum to get me out of Iva so we can divorce and move on with our lives is their any advice you can give me on how to get Iva people to accept that

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:35 pm
If you offer close to the remaining payments creditors may well accept. However if there is a property and equity you may need to offer a little more as the IVA would likely be extended to six years. This could be offered as a loan from your father which your ex can then pay back.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

TzeKin

Post by TzeKin » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:45 pm
Make an offer they cannot refuse! Don't play poker with creditors...especially with banks...they are in it on long haul to get as much as possible.
Variations are not like frequent bids on eBay, you have 'one chance'
Look at your creditors make up.My view give them at least what they would have got in the long run to be safe.
Some one posted here recently and tried to be smart and got a No!

Be straight and narrow on this.Don't gamble.
Last edited by TzeKin on Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kev59

Post by kev59 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:24 pm
offer them monthly payments x months left.
That's the offer I made and had a fair sum left over to restart my life and rent a place in a new town and start life again.
IVA now over with and it was worth it.
now starting my life again,

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:21 am
A variation is not a 'one shot'. It can be adjourned and the offer can be improved just like the original offer and can even be resubmitted. Some IPs do not admit this because variation fees are so low and usually cost the IP money but any decent firm will still fight on your behalf.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Biscuits

Post by Biscuits » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:17 am
I think every F&F differs from case to case !! We had an offer of £10,800 accepted.
If you'd added up all our remaining payments we'd have paid £8,360.
Plus we had the equity clause so with an extra 12 months (if it had gone that way) we had paid £12,920.
So the offer was kind of somewhere in between, remaining payments and the extra 12 months.
But Michael is right any IP worth their salt will put a good case together for you.
Good luck.
*** Don't look back, you're not going that way ***

IVA Completed 27-11-2013
CC Dated 07-08-14
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”