1st Year Review

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

djedfra

Post by djedfra » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:17 am
Hello

I was registered here before but my account couldn't be retrieved.

My best friend has an IVA, and she has just received the letter for prep for the fist year review. We live together and she has had a very rough year.

She has mental health issues, and since her letter has arrived she keeps talking about killing herself. In the past year she has been talking about it less and less but now it's come back full on.

She can't work a lot due to the mental health issues, she has had many months of on and off SSP (long term). All payments have been made to her IP through her recently obtained PIP payments, so she has paid £1200 off a full debt of £15000 approx.

I help out with bills when I can because I love her very much and I am heartbroken to see her struggling- is the IVA the best solution and how easy would it be to do this review?

I don't earn enough to make a full and final, and she is in no fit state to get a loan or anything- she really is a few bad days off getting hospitalised.

Any help you can give would be great. Although I am not in a relationship with her, we are best friends and I care so much!
I can only spend what I have!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:27 am
A review is usually pretty painless. The IP just wants to go over the last years income to make sure there has been no increases, overtime or bonuses (unlikely in this case)and check current expenditure to make sure that is all OK and that it is still workable. It might be an idea, if your friend is willing, for her to give the IP permission to deal with you if she is fragile at the moment.

Which firm is she with ?
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

djedfra

Post by djedfra » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:26 pm
She is with Mitchell Farrar.

I just feel awful about the whole thing.
I can only spend what I have!

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:16 pm
I would look to see if your friends IP could undertake the asap. I would also ask them to see if the payments are indeed set correctly ... PIP payments are made as there are additional care costs required and should in my opinion nit be taken into account as income... would be worth your friend giving permission for you to communicate with the IP as this may take some pressure of her
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”