I am already on the 6th month of my one year extension, now told I need to extend again ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1

Errolynn

Post by Errolynn » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:26 pm
I am already on the 6th month of my one year extension and it seems that they still want me to try for a remortgage. Is this possible? On my fifth year on the IVA, the price of properties was down and because of this, they suggested that I must extend for another 12 months...Now the price of properties have gone up, they want me to obtain a mortgage statement so they can assess the amount of equity I have.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:29 pm
Tell them to take a long walk off a short plank. You have already complied with the equity release provisions and were granted an extension in lieu of equity. This extension effectively releases the property. They cannot have another bite at that particular cherry !
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:01 pm
This must be a mistake as Foggy is completely correct. Your IVA should be shut down.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:12 pm
The tricks some of these `companies` are trying on are quite staggering and show no signs of diminishing, quite the opposite in fact.

The senior people at the companies responsible must have `business lunches` were they devise new, innovative ways in which they can attempt to shaft people so they can try and wring out as much in fees as possible.

The complete disregard these people have of the potential financial and life consequences for their `clients` should they fall foul to their attempted scams is quite staggering.

Why is it ok for some IP`s and insolvency companies to attempt to completely flout and ignore the legally binding arrangements they drafted and proposed???

What would happen if, at equity release time, WE all told our IP`s that WE had decided to change the terms of our IVA`s, and that WE were`nt going to attempt to release equity after all?

We all know what would happen, so why can`t these companies just comply with the IVA`s as we have to and indeed do.
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".

Eric Cantona

fubab

Post by fubab » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:45 am
You have complied with the clause by the sounds of it Errolynn so they cant make you do this. Would you be prepared to say who your IP is? Anyway as others have advised, tell them no!
Youve got to go there to come back

Errolynn

Post by Errolynn » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:48 am
Hello everyone! Thanks for your replies...I have contacted them and they said they made a mistake. I requested them to send me an email to confirm this. Ta!

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:53 am
I thought it would be a simple mistake and not some form of conspiracy. I am glad you called them and got it sorted out easily.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:21 pm
Good news Errolyn,

Here`s hoping your email arrives swiftly,

Though how such a `mistake` could have been made initially is perplexing.
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".

Eric Cantona

Christabelle_sparkle

Post by Christabelle_sparkle » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:43 am
Great news, Glad its been sorted in your favour Errolyn
An IVA is a long hard road but valuable lessons have been learnt along the way. Now looking forward to enjoying a debt free future!

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:51 am
Glad you got sorted
Steven & Debbie
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”